Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday Dinner: Cheese Tortellini Soup


Yes yes I know it's summer but I've been wanting soup lately. Plus it's cloudy and doesn't look that hot outside (90 degrees.. who am I fooling) so soup it is! 

This is a really simple dish because it involves.... A crockpot! Who doesn't love crockpot meals!? Put everything in and leave it! Awesome! 

Ok so here we go.. 

You'll need 
          1 bag of frozen cheese tortellini
          1 small bag of fresh spinach
          2 cans of Italian style diced                tomatoes             
          4 cups of chicken broth (1 box)
          1 block of cream cheese, cut up
          1 lb of Italian sausage, browned and drained
Serves 6-8 


Put everything in crockpot except spinach. It will turn a not so pleasing color if cooked too long.
Stir and cook on low 5-6 hours, adding the spinach in the last 30 min. 
*** I added a few shakes of this yummy seasoning as well***

5 hours later.... A nice creamy, chunky soup! 

Now all you need is a nice crusty bread. I love the Bake at Home breads from Walmart. Amazing bread in 10 min! 

Dinner is served! I hope you will enjoy this meal as much as I do! 



 

3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I can't wait to try it out on the hubby :-) keep the recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try that girl! Good job!

    ReplyDelete