Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Smothered Chicken

Sorry my loves! I have been mia since my last post but I'm back!

Today I have for you one of my favorite chicken dishes, Smothered Chicken. It has some of my favorite things. Cheese, bacon and mushrooms!! If you have tried the Alice Springs Chicken at Outback Steakhouse then you will love this dish. 




Here's what you'll need for 4 servings: 

•4 boneless chicken breasts (I prefer thin breasts, cuts down on the cooking time) 
8 bacon slices 
•1/4 cup regular mustard
•1/3 cup honey 
•2 tbsp mayo 
•2 tsp dried onion flakes 
•1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
•2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
•seasoning salt and garlic powder 

Season the chicken with the seasoning salt and garlic powder. I eyeball it so use as much/less as you would like. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.


While the chicken is in the fridge, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove and set aside. 


Sauté chicken in the bacon grease for 3 min per side or until browned. It will finish cooking in the oven. Place in a 9x13 baking dish. Crumble the bacon while the chicken is cooking. 


In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayo and dried onion flakes. 


Spread some of the honey mustard over each piece of chicken, then mushrooms, bacon and cheese. 


Bake at 350 for 15 min for thin breasts, 30 for thicker breasts or until cheese is melted and chicken is done. 


I served mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach as my sides tonight. 

 

Yummers! Enjoy! 



2 comments: